Sunday, November 23, 2008

I’m On a Donkey

You can’t choose your name, at least not when you are little. You get the name your parents give you and live with it until you are old enough to change it or insist people call you by an alternative name.

My maiden name is fairly plain, easy to pronounce and spell. My married name is…well…it is different and not easy to pronounce or spell. Everyone pronounces it wrong and this is quite humorous at times.

Our youngest had her first piano recital this weekend. In preparation for her recital she was practicing walking in and introducing herself. She has a beautiful first name that everyone tends to shorten. I hadn’t really thought about it before but her shortened first name and her last name together sounds like….you got it…. “On a Donkey”.

So we decided that she needed to use her whole first name so everyone in the audience wouldn’t have a confused look on their face thinking “Did she just say, ‘Hi, I’m on a donkey and I will be playing Ode to Joy’!?”

Little Miss looked gorgeous and played beautifully. She was nervous, but made no mistakes. It is amazing how quickly she has learned to play the piano.

We couldn’t be more proud of our Onadonkey.

1 comment:

Closer to 40 everyday !!! said...

That is to funny. At least you realized it before and not during.