Saturday, January 12, 2008

Liar, Liar, Pants for Hire!!

So I am sitting here on my computer looking up the best way to clean a glass shower and wondering if you can use Rain X on your shower while listening to my 8 year old DD and 10 year old DS play Nintendo. They are bantering back and forth and my DS said “Liar, liar pants on fire!” to which DD said that’s not it! It is “Liar, liar pants for hire!”

This got me to thinking of the funniest things my kids have ever said and I think that hands down the funniest was when my now 16 year old DS was very young he would say *anything* to anyone. He wasn’t mean, just brutally honest. One of DH coworkers was coming over and was a rather stout man, we just new that DS was going to say *something* to him.

This is how it went:

Me: We are going to have some people over for dinner and one of the men is rather large.
DS. Okay…
Me: Well you know God made people in all shapes and sizes and it is not nice to tell people if they are big or little.
DS: Okay...
Me: So what I am trying to say is please don’t tell Mr. X that he is large.
DS: So I shouldn’t tell him he is fat?
Me: No, that wouldn’t be nice.
DS: Would it be nicer to NOT tell him and let him get stuck in the front door?
Me: (sigh)

The day Mr. X came over….

We thought we did a good job relaying to DS that it would not be nice to tell Mr. X that he was fat. Mr. X arrived, fit through the door and all was well until I heard this little voice say...

“So… how much can you eat at one time?”


(sigh)



1 comment:

Karen of TX said...

That's still one of my favorite stories!