Last night dh and I watched the movie Once. It was highly recommended by my brother and it did not disappoint. It was an Irish Indie Musical filmed in Dublin in 17 days with a $160,000 budget. Most of the film is singing with very little dialogue, but it works! The characters are not bursting into song as they walk down the street or standing at the top of a hill in Austria. There is no singing in place of dialogue.
The main characters were not given names, but listed in the credits as “Guy” and “Girl”. “Guy” is played by Glen Hansard, a vocalist and guitarist for the Irish band The Frames. He wrote and performed most of the songs in the movie along with Marketa Irglova who played “Girl”. The singing is phenomenal as was the movie.
All I can say is WOW! Glen Hansard is an excellent artist and I will be buying the soundtrack today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment